TechSpot

US music sales up 3.1 percent in 2012 thanks to digital single sales

By Shawn Knight
Jan 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Digital music is now responsible for more than half of all music sales in the US, according to figures recently released by Nielsen. It's a milestone for the industry as it's the first time that digital sales have topped physical...

Read more

2. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 382   +70

Video game and movie industry. Pay attention, this is how is gonna be.

3. Duckula22

Duckula22 TS Rookie Posts: 55

As the music business executive that I am (I'm not) I have to always whine about piracy, and how we're being devastated by it, even when in reality business is good. It kinda sucks we can't charge $20 for a CD anymore, though.

4. Music does not sell because the product poor.

make better music and people will start buying again.

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,811   +920

If you don't mind me asking, did you ever actually pay $20.00 for a reasonably current CD

6. Duckula22

Duckula22 TS Rookie Posts: 55

Of course not. I was being sarcastic towards those whining execs.

7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,811   +920

Well Ducky, one of the saddest days of my life was when they installed this new forum software, and it omits the ":roleyes:" emoticon! I practically lived and died with it at the ready.

But speaking of album prices, I bought an MP-3 copy of Taylor Swift's "Red", for $1.99, during a one day sale at Amazon. Don't know if I'll even like it. But, I live in a "diverse" neighborhood, and I'm just laying in wait for someone to try and interrupt me while I'm playing it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.