USB Drive corrupting My Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there I own a Sony 1Gb flash drive which as suddenly started corrupting any thing I store in it, Audio files are turned into folders named 0000000 then zipped files can no longer be accesed by win zip. Any body know the solution to this

Allready Tried That

Sorry I would have wrote earlier but I have tried formating and it goes back to the same problem especially after using it on a defferent pc, Initially it would work quite ok, but after wards every thing would be corrupted and it's not very old just about 5 months.

are the files corrupted when moving something from a different system.. if so i would say you may have a bad flash drive... possibly

Maybe you have some filesystem issues? What kind of operating systems are you accessing the drive from?

Also, do you always remove the drive correctly?

Nodsu said:
Maybe you have some filesystem issues? What kind of operating systems are you accessing the drive from?

Also, do you always remove the drive correctly?

This was my suspicion as well...

patio. :cool:

Iam using win xp pro on my Pc and the same on the other Pc's, and I always follow the right procedure when removing it ie left click, stop, then it says safe to remove hardware. The corruption usually happens when transferring files to another pc, the other pc will some how fail to autoplay and you Can see the auto play feature checking all files which will all be coming out as folders named 000000. And I use another smaller size flash drive on the same Pc's with no problem. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back