Usb flash drive repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 127GB usb key stopped working when a format process was interupted.now,though visible in windows explorer, i can't open or format it.a message pops up asking that i should connect the device. Also, the MBR has been lost and the drive detailed properties display 0 MB for its capacity, unallocated and reserved space.
SOME ONE SHOULD PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS STUFF.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELPFUL POSTS
UNDERMINER.

"Also, the MBR has been lost and the drive detailed properties display 0 MB for its capacity, unallocated and reserved space."
That is bad, however, a complete format should fix it.
Google and download HP USB format utility, try formatting with that.

What brand and model is your flash drive?

My "quotes" button is missing O.O.

Usb flash repair

THANKS FOR QUICK POST.The mark of the flash is Sony.Sorry I don't know the model number.I downloaded the HP USB format utility ,ran it on the flash and it returns the message "there is no media in the specified device " when I click on format.When I try opening it directly it returns the message "please insert a disk into drive G:"
STILL WAITING FOR HELP
UNDERMINER.

This has happened to me once, indeed when I had overwritten my MBR on my flash drive.
Does it show up in device management?

Take a look at the Flash drive recovery procedures (https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html) thread.

Here are my posts regarding my USB, though it is specifically toward my OCZ Rally2, I solved the problem by formatting with OCZ's format utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back