USB flash drive write protected

How to remove write protection of USB Flash Drive with no visible lock/unlock?
Depends on how the drive has been write protected. Does the whole drive appear to be encrypted/write protected or has each file been individually encrypted/write protected?

If the drive has been encrypted, TechSpot has regulations against helping anyone circumvent encryption. Reason for this, is we have no way to know for sure you are the true owner of the device. Write protection however is a simple switch in file properties that can be toggled.

Depends on how the drive has been write protected. Does the whole drive appear to be encrypted/write protected or has each file been individually encrypted/write protected?

If the drive has been encrypted, TechSpot has regulations against helping anyone circumvent encryption. Reason for this, is we have no way to know for sure you are the true owner of the device. Write protection however is a simple switch in file properties that can be toggled.

well then its the whole Flash Drive is write protected. it occurs when I am downloading direct to my Flash Drive. My sister pull it out without my permission and and doesnt stop it in the "safely remove hardware".when I put it back and start the torrent again it says "cannot write to the disk:Write Protected" ive tried to delete the file and It says Cannot delete Princess Mononoke:The Disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk,How can I put a little mb in the disk if it is not mine before it got write protected.Ive tried many solution for that driver The CMD process,Registry hacks,and the some write protection removal tools..And its not active in the disk management.It goes happen when I was downloading a file and pull out it without stopping the Flash Drive,thats all.Thank you for the help that you can Do sir ..

I tried all the same things that you did, with the same results. The problem occurred first with an INTEGRAL NEON 32 GB flash drive, ( 6 months old ) after 3 days trying all the problem solving methods I could find I threw it into the back of a drawer. I then put in an IBoutique 64 GB flash drive ( New ) on which I had backed up my photos and music, this is the first time that I had put the 64 GB flash drive into my laptop since backing up the photos and music files. Guess what, DISC IS WRITE PROTECTED. I didn't want to muck about with the 64 GB disc in case I lost the files, so I took it out and put in an PNY8 GB flash drive that had been lying about for a few years, and it worked perfectly. I can believe that 1 disc would fail but not 2 in he same time period especially when 1 is new and 1 6 months old. So I have ordered a new flash drive, and if this one does the same I think I will be going back to putting everything on DVD.
Andy50

Back