USB hub problem saying device is unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok my usb hubs seem to work fine for my printer webcam ect but everytime i connect my mp3 player it says device not regonised and the mp3 player freezes. cant anybody help??

You're MP3 player may need to be plugged directly into a 'real' USB port. Try it without the hub and see if it works.

Yeah I agree with Rick, there are alot of devices that dont like being connected thru a hub.

Did you get any software with your MP3 player? Even though XP should be fine without it, you may want to install the software anyway...

well its a zen micro and i have the software installed but when i open it, it says please connect your zen micro. also i sent it back to creative and they gave me a new one but i have the same battery so you think that will be the problem?

Though I certainly do not know a ton about MP3 players (Mine was stolen after I had it for only two weeks :( :mad: ), I don't believe that the battery could have anything to do with it. You do turn the MP3 player ON when you plug it into the computer, right?

Also, though again I am not positive that this could have anything to do with it, do you have USB 1.1 or 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back