USB hub problem saying device is unknown

By fozzer
Jul 25, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok my usb hubs seem to work fine for my printer webcam ect but everytime i connect my mp3 player it says device not regonised and the mp3 player freezes. cant anybody help??
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

You're MP3 player may need to be plugged directly into a 'real' USB port. Try it without the hub and see if it works.
  3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

Yeah I agree with Rick, there are alot of devices that dont like being connected thru a hub.
  4. fozzer

fozzer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

well i tryed the usbs at the back aswell and still doesnt work..
  5. fad3toblack

fad3toblack Newcomer, in training Posts: 40

Did you get any software with your MP3 player? Even though XP should be fine without it, you may want to install the software anyway...
  6. fozzer

fozzer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

well its a zen micro and i have the software installed but when i open it, it says please connect your zen micro. also i sent it back to creative and they gave me a new one but i have the same battery so you think that will be the problem?
  7. fad3toblack

fad3toblack Newcomer, in training Posts: 40

Though I certainly do not know a ton about MP3 players (Mine was stolen after I had it for only two weeks :( :mad: ), I don't believe that the battery could have anything to do with it. You do turn the MP3 player ON when you plug it into the computer, right?

Also, though again I am not positive that this could have anything to do with it, do you have USB 1.1 or 2.0?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.