USB-IF certifies 50 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 products

By Matthew
Mar 3, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The floodgates are officially open, folks. Companies around the globe have introduced a range USB 3.0 products, and more are on the way. The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) has certified 50 SuperSpeed USB products, including motherboards, notebooks, external storage devices, storage controllers, PCI Express and ExpressCard add-in cards, hard disk drives, and device-enabling silicon.

Read the whole story
  2. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 564   +30

I wouldn't mind seeing an mp3 player with usb 3.0 soon.
  3. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 572   +37

So, would it be possible to stream a Blu-ray movie over one of these cables?
  4. pyari

pyari Newcomer, in training Posts: 66

can't wait to use it to copy paste large files.......data storage is rapidly changing our life style.......big and big files are needed for day to day works.....so usb 3 would be easier to have one.
  5. fref

fref TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 153

And Intel is still not moving as far as USB 3.0 is concerned... Their decision just doesn't make sense.
  6. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 Newcomer, in training Posts: 260

Intel apparently won't have USB 3.0 items until next year. Which is sad, but I always liked Intel so I can wait until I see what they release.

I recently did a backup of my computer on an external HD and I would of liked to have USB 3.0 because it would have went SO much faster.

Guess I just have to wait.
  7. Renegeek

Renegeek Newcomer, in training Posts: 96

I belive i saw a pci card, to get the usb 3.0. and also with mp3, dig camra's and other devices would be so cool... to have this speed... and people with USB video devices, that would be sweet.
  8. levar

levar Newcomer, in training Posts: 232

Nice wonder if they're any AMD mobo's that's using Superspeed and support Phenon II chips, lemme start searching. I can't wait to start seeing USB3.0 drives in walmart on the PSP, on media devices of sorts.
  9. You could stream many movies at the same time over this cable.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.