TechSpot

USB not recognizing endoscope camera

By megavolt
Jan 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I have bought a cheap USB endoscope that is suppose to get recognized automatically both in Windows 7 and XP. I tried out this camera on my old LG LE50 express laptop, which uses XP Professional, but the USB will not recognize this camera. I tried the camera on another XP laptop, and it worked. I also tried it on a Win7 desktop and it worked - therefore I am sure that it's not the camera itself. I ran sfc /scannow, deleted all the USB ports and devises so that they could re-install, and tried to find some sort of driver, but nothing helps. I took the battery out and waited for a while, hoping that something would reset in the motherboard, but it didn't help.
    Can someone please help me?
    Thanks
    JK

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

JK, try re-installing XP Pro fresh on this problem laptop

3. megavolt

megavolt TS Rookie Topic Starter

That would be my last option being that it would be a real hassle and time consuming job. This is why I am first trying to see if someone has an idea as to what is going on. If all else fails, I suppose I'll have no choice.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

Yes it is time consuming with XP's Service Pack 3 and some 200 plus updates. XP support will end next year anyway

5. megavolt

megavolt TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yea, and this laptop probably can't run win7.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.