USB not recognizing endoscope camera

I have bought a cheap USB endoscope that is suppose to get recognized automatically both in Windows 7 and XP. I tried out this camera on my old LG LE50 express laptop, which uses XP Professional, but the USB will not recognize this camera. I tried the camera on another XP laptop, and it worked. I also tried it on a Win7 desktop and it worked - therefore I am sure that it's not the camera itself. I ran sfc /scannow, deleted all the USB ports and devises so that they could re-install, and tried to find some sort of driver, but nothing helps. I took the battery out and waited for a while, hoping that something would reset in the motherboard, but it didn't help.
Can someone please help me?
Thanks
JK

That would be my last option being that it would be a real hassle and time consuming job. This is why I am first trying to see if someone has an idea as to what is going on. If all else fails, I suppose I'll have no choice.

Yes it is time consuming with XP's Service Pack 3 and some 200 plus updates. XP support will end next year anyway

Back