USB or Win 7 issue?

By Photo601
Dec 13, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have an Ipod Touch. I am able to charge it on my computer running XP Pro. I have a laptop running Windows 7. Both computers have I tunes installed. The Windows 7 laptop will recognize the Ipod, but won't charge it. The USB ports all work correctly. Any ideas??

Photo601
    If this is posted in the wrong forum, my apologies in advance.
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,361   +167

Is laptop plugged in? Not in sleep or hibernation? See here
  3. Photo601

Photo601 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 80

Plugged in to A/C and running as normal. I tunes won't recognize the I pod on the laptop. I see the I Pod in the computer section, but it won't do anything else.
  4. LookinAround

5. Photo601

As an update, I was looking around in the device setup section. (I am still learning Win 7)
    I clicked on the I pod and selected driver update. It first said it couldn't update, but then it did update.
    Bottom line, it now sees the ipod and is charging on the laptop...though I am at a loss why. I prefer to know why so as to trouble shoot down the road. It works, I'm happy..

Photo601
  6. LookinAround

Good job. :grinthumb And thanks for posting your solution
  7. Photo601

No problem. I just don't understand why it wouldn't charge w/o the updated driver. I was speculating it may have had something to do with the I-pod being apple on a Windows system??

Either way, it works.

Salud!

:p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.