USB port disabled in BIOS, No PS/2 port, can't access BIOS!

I've read similar threads, but I have not found an answer to my particular question.

I have a Fujitsu desktop, runs on windows XP and the USB ports were disabled by my kid! (Both the keyboard and mouse connect via USB).

I considered getting a USB PS/2 converter in order to use the keyboard to re-enter BIOS at start-up (holding down the Delete key, as it says to do on screen at start-up). Unfortunately, there is no PS/2 port.

There is an auxiliary port that may be similar (it has 11 or 12 pin hole openings).

Any help would be very appreciated!

I am a noob, so please explain any jargon please!

Thanks!

-Ben

If you remove the CMOS battery, your BIOS should revert to default settings and your keyboard should work so you can get into the BIOS. The CMOS battery is the shiny, disk shaped object on the motherboard.

If you remove the CMOS battery, your BIOS should revert to default settings and your keyboard should work so you can get into the BIOS. The CMOS battery is the shiny, disk shaped object on the motherboard.

When i first read the problem , i was thinking of a PCI card with a PS/2 port. But i like mailpup's suggestion much better :grinthumb

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the help. Worked perfectly. I had trouble with the Ethernet port afterwards, but then went back into BIOS and chose optimal settings. That got the ethernet going again.

Thank you so much!

Back