USB port failure Dell Dimension c521

Hello and thank you for reading the time to read this post.

About a few months ago, I started to experience a very strange problem with my mouse--which many have described before-- it is basically erratic behavior, hard to move it from left to right up down etc. This occurs sometimes when batteries are low so I replaced the batteries and no luck, then I tried switching the usb port of the receiver and still no luck. i then concluded it was the mouse so I went out and bought a new mouse... still, the new mouse was ALSO acting erratically so I can only conclude that their must be some kind of problem with my USB ports...

I should note that I recently purchased a new laptop and the mouse functions properly on that computer so I don't believe it is a problem with the mouse...

The kicker is that, my wireless card which is also USB related, works fine... And also my keyboard(usb) works fine so realistically, I have no idea why my computer mouse is not functioning properly. I have tried 2 different mouse, have tried different USB ports, have the mouse working on diff computers but I can't get it to work on my main desktop, consistently that is... It works.. dont get me wrong but after some time it starts to act all weird for 5-10 minutes then works then acts weird and it makes it quite hard to game(which is what I enjoy using my desktop for)..

I realize this computer is a little old but I'm not ready to completely retire it as it is still fully functional in many other respects.

Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it

OK, follow this guide and look for the mouse drivers and delete all of them, then reboot the PC and it should reinstall the mouse driver.

Back