USB ports problem

By Max007
Aug 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everybody.i have a serious problem here.when i start my Laptop(hp pavillion g6 1055ex) i plug in the usb device(external HDD or usb controllers or Flash memories), it really works good and i hear a sound of plugin or plugout sound in my windows 7 but after an hour when i plug in my any of usb devices,they are not appear anywere.and even i cant here the plug in and plug out sound but the light of the device is working!!!!!!!
    Laptop model:Hp pavillion G6 1055ex
    i purchase this laptop 2 months ago and it is brand new. plz help!
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,410   +213

Isn't this still under warranty? Can you take it in for warranty work?
  3. Max007

Max007 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

!

it is still in warrenty.they said u have to leave here for 15 days.i cant do this.my brother have a lot of work with laptop.any other solution....is it a windows problem?
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,361   +167

don't know if it'll help, but one thing to try. Open Device Manager. Look under USB. For every hub listed, right click Properties->Power Management. Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Click OK. Reboot and see if it makes any diff
  5. Max007

Max007 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

no difference! any other solution?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.