USB ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafficflow

I have a real simple question. How can you tell on the device manager which one has the mouse and keyboard attached to that port? It does not show on my new computer
but it does on my old one. I am trying to help somebody with their problems. What do I not understand? Thanks

You are making a assumption based on no facts. By the way it is so simple that there is numerous post about mistakes made by assumptions. If you do not want to help don't answer.

Is there anybody that can assist with this thread? If no reply I will consider that the previous thread poster is in charge of this forum and controls who gets answered.

To the good folks of TechSpot. I have found the info that I needed about the ports.I think. Thanks for your insight and help Raybay! A freind can not get a ipod to work on the ports and is afraid to shut them off and do a reboot. What I need If anybody knows is there a diagram iidentifying the location of the ports? Thanks everybody!

I don't think anybody on this forum understands what you want or why?
Please explain... diagram of what? the hardware location... the operating system detection system, The exact point in the BIOS?
How will such a diagram help you... If we know how you could use it, or what you intend to do with it, we could perhaps supply or create a diagram... But it is difficult to imagine what you want and why you need it?
Otherwise, some of the major computer manuals may help... such as Version 17 or higher, of Repairing and Ugrading Computers by Scott Muellar.

Mapping the software drivers for USB 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 to a specific plug on the system
is very obscure. I have always reverted to trial-n-error search to find a known given device. eg: using my camera as a test device, I plug it into a slot on the system and then look in the device manager to see where it appears. As my laptop has1-usb2.0 and 2x-usb1.* slots, I now know which slot is the usb2.0 for better transfer rates to say an external HD

That worked using a camera. Should have thought off that. I will be able to use that to determine the different ones.

Thanks Trafficflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back