USB problem with lenovo 3000 n100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had to restore my laptop to factory default settings because of a virus that i had caught on my computer. With doing that i installed all of lenovo software for my computer such as sound drivers, built in webcam etc..my computer works fine but the only thing im having problems with is the usb ports. They are not reading any external devices such as my microphone and usb external devices..

Ive been researching and i think its the bios but not sure i downgraded to the previous bios but with doin that the sound didnt work and the wireless internet wasnt read either..then i updated to the bios and everything works fine except the usb ports still.i also tried to update the ports and uninstalling and reinstalling but it still didnt work

if anybody has any ideas on how to get this problem please reply to this post please its very appreciated

See [post=751005]How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers[/post]
See [post=744411]USB Device Problems? Check for Windows Updates[/post] as well

i installed the windows xp sp3 package and still the same problem..the external devices are still not being read..the sounds comes up as if its readin it but no pop up sayin unknown device or anything..i reinstalled every usb port and updated also and still nothing..all sound drivers are installed properly.i am running a 3.12 bios file ... any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back