USB vs PS/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on your motherboard is the answer. for example, some mobos (especialy older ones) cannot support usb devices especialy during the boot up process and even (sometimes) in windows and in DOS (altho i dont think anyone uses that interface anymore..), others need a setting in bios to turn on the feature (under legacy usb support or usb enable in boot.. cant remember) before you can use it or on the other side of the spectrum those pcs (or mpcs) or laptops that their mobos dont have space for a ps/2 port due to size..

It really doesnt matter what type connections you use for mices, both types of connections will stay untill someone decides to invent a hologram sensor (ala Minority Report) or some insane tech that will put mices to the grave :eek: ...

my rule: whatever is at the end of the cable is what i use, unless it wont recognise it then an adapter to the latter

but on this note i will leave the floor open for other peeps to talk..
N3051M

I have seen mice that act weird when plugged into PS/2 with the green adapter thing. OTOH, PS/2 is definitely more compatible and foolproof. Not to mention that you would free an USB port for other uses.

Just use whatever you like. Or try both. If you don't see the difference, then there is none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back