USB Wi-Fi repair

learninmypc

UNfortunately I let a person use my EDUP Wireless USB Adapter & I believe the person removed it without using the safe to remove process or by shuting down the pc correctly. Is there "any" chance it can be repaired? I do have the CD that came with it.
I've tried reinstalling it on my pc where I've never had a problem with it in 4 years.
Needless to say I'm rather angry about it because her mother don't believe her daughter did it.:mad:

With the adapter plugged in, have you tried either enabling the wireless network connection, if it's disabled? Or disabling and then enabling it?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    33 KB · Views: 1
With all USB devices unplugged, maybe uninstall the Generic USB Hub from the Device Manager and then reboot the computer. Windows should recognize them and reinstall the drivers. Then attach your USB devices.

If your keyboard is USB, then it'll stop working after the uninstall. You have a PS/2 keyboard? A USB to PS/2 adapter should work.

Clipboard01.png

With all USB devices unplugged, maybe uninstall the Generic USB Hub from the Device Manager and then reboot the computer. Windows should recognize them and reinstall the drivers. Then attach your USB devices.

If your keyboard is USB, then it'll stop working after the uninstall. You have a PS/2 keyboard? A USB to PS/2 adapter should work.

View attachment 73962
Ok, my keyboard wasn't usb so I was successful at uninstalling/rebooting & windows found it & installed the drivers. Now I'm going put the USB cd in & hope all goes well, will post back.

Ok, I've done everything I know of & what has been suggested to get the USB wireless adapter to work but still no joy.
So I'm going to get it replaced at no cost to me. Thank you Rabbit01 for your help.(y)

Ok, mine don't look the same,so I'm needing to confirm which one so I don't mess it upView attachment 73963

I'd uninstall all the USB Root Hub.

Ok, I've done everything I know of & what has been suggested to get the USB wireless adapter to work but still no joy.
So I'm going to get it replaced at no cost to me. Thank you Rabbit01 for your help.(y)

Well, 4 years is a long time. I suppose it's possible that the adapter died. :(

I'd uninstall all the USB Root Hub.

Well, 4 years is a long time. I suppose it's possible that the adapter died. :(
I could easily agree with that but it was working perfectly whenever I used it. In my opinion, some people simply think they know everything but don't.
I'm now betting she broke her own Belkin the same way. Removed it by pulling it out instead of using the "safe to remove" feature.
Either way, thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she broke her adapter the same way. Especially with USB WIFI adapters if you don't use the "safe to remove" feature it can corrupt the internal circuitry

~Alex

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she broke her adapter the same way. Especially with USB WIFI adapters if you don't use the "safe to remove" feature it can corrupt the internal circuitry

~Alex
Yep. It has since been thrown away & mine got replaced @ no cost to me:)(y)

Back