TechSpot

USB wireless modem, wireless router

By jsteppe
Mar 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Right now I have internet access on two different computers (one is a desktop and the other is a laptop) through a wireless router connected to the satellite modem.

I am looking into replacing the desktop with a laptop and getting a usb wireless modem to use on the USCellular network and doing away with the satellite connection.

Can this be done? If so, what do I need to make the wireless network work and have internet access with both laptops through the one modem?

I am using a Linksys WRT54G rouhter which, I think can also work as an access point.

Maybe there is a better solution?

2. ITLogicSystems

ITLogicSystems TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

US Cellular is in my area, so I'm semi-familiar with them. Most of my customers have opted for the "wireless hotspot" (see link below) device to do what you are wanting to do. The wifi hotspot allows up to 4 or 5 devices to connect to the wifi network it creates. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.uscellular.com/mobile-hotspots/index.html

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.