Used CCleaner, lost all my Yahoo homepage setup

macx

Firefox, XP sp3.

Wanted to do a little housecleaning, but apparently checked something in CCleaner
I shouldn't have, probly something about cookies for Yahoo or Firefox or whatever?

Now all I get is the bare bones Yahoo, not my home page with all the news and other
stuff I had set up on it.

I can't seem to find out how to access and set all that stuff up again, sure would
appreciate some help!

Also just found out I can sign in and open in Yahoo email inbox, but it won't even let
me compose a message. The whole screen goes gray (grays out everything on it)
and this circling thing just keeps going around, never lets me compose an email.

EDIT: Well, one step forward. I'm also running TACO and I got into it and allowed
cookies for the email thing and voila! now I can compose email. Will have to try that
for the main Yahoo site, too. If not TACO, might be one of the other blockers I use.
Never thought of that, things like this haven't happened to me for a long time, didn't
think of things like that.

EDIT 2: Ah HA! Worked for my Yahoo home page, too! Now, if I could just remember
that for the next time! First I'll have to go into my CC settings and see where I went
wrong and see if I can avoid doing that again.

Hi, One way to set up CCleaner would be to uninstall it and install again, as the default settings are usually right.
But if of any help my settings on the Cleaner /Applications tab, Firefox are;
Internet cache
Internet history
Cookies
Download history
Session (All these ticked) All others for Firefox unticked.
But it's totally a personal choice of course, and I can't help with the Yahoo mail settings at all.

Turned out I guess I was OK on my CC settings.

Deleting cookies on FF for Yahoo, I just had to go into TACO and re-allow cookies from
Yahoo and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for taking the time - -

Back