User Management software for Active Directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I asked something in our beloved forums... And for that matter visited them:(

But anyway, I have a question; I need a User Management software that works in Active Directory...

It must be able to read user info from a file and then make users from that info (Password, login-name User Name Home Directory etc.)

We are currently evaluating Microsoft's system, running Thin and Fat client computers, which means it must also be able to handle Roaming profiles...

I've already found a software that does all this, there is only one thing that's bad about it, and that is it's cost...

We need to create almost 2000 users, and with the program I'm using right now: UserManagementNT Import that will equate a cost near 4000$ (2$ per license), which is a bit high...

Don't get me wrong, if there are no alternatives we will buy this software but if there is a cheaper alternative that can do the same thing and still be user friendly (i.e. no VB Programming BATCH programming or the likes required) I wont hesitate to use that instead...

One last thing, this is used for a school and government, so perhaps the program you know of also offer lower prices for such organizations?

Lastly I'd like to thank everyone that has helped me via ICQ with this project, and then mainly Mictlantecuhtli, thanks, you've been really helpful:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back