User states he gets a BSOD randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to control panel/system/advanced tab/startup and recovery box/settings button/ sytem failure/ and then uncheck "restart on system failure" ( take the check out of automatically restart box ) , and then check the "Write a system event", and the "Admin alert" boxes (check "send admin alert") and the next time it randomly turns off, you should get a blue screen with white text, which will have code info. Write down the exac Stop Error Code and put that exact error into the google search box to see what info you get, and/or post that exact error here in this thread
Also go to your device manager (devmgmt.msc) and check the properties and look for anything suspicious and check that the settings are where they should be.

well that log you've provided does point to drivers.. so check if they're updated etc.

Random BSOD

Hello,
I have been having this issue pretty much on and off since i bought the following pc components.

ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory
2 X PNY Verto Geforce 7800 GT PCI Express 256MB
Enermax EG701AX VE(W) SFMA Noisetaker II Version 2.2 600W Power Supply
MAXTOR 200GB 7200RPM SATA 150
MAXTOR 500GB 7200RPM SATA II
Soundblaster audigy

The machine will randomly blue screen. I have tried updating and downgrading all chipset, video, and other drivers. I did run mem+ test and came back with 24 successful passes. Please help, im ready to blow this thing up.

I merged them because they are dealing with basically the same subject.

BTW: Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help, attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps into this thread. I would need the actual minidumps themselves.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Howard, Thanks alot,
I did try memtester+ got through 24 passes successfully, and i did try the other items on this list, but still no luck.
Unfortunatly i only have 3 Minidumps, i ope thats enough, if not i'll post more as they happen.

All your minidumps crash at ntkrpamp.exe. This is the Windows NT & kernel system file. They all have a bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Check the page file as per the instructions in the link I gave you.

Check that the ram is compatible with the mobo.

Try running with just one stick of ram.

It`s also possible the ntkrpamp.exe file has become corrupt.

Click start/run and type sfc /scannow into the run box and press the enter key. Windows will check for any missing or corrupt OS files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your Windows cd handy.

You should also check to make sure your psu is putting out enough power for your system. Pay particular attention to the amount of amps it puts out on the 12volt rail. You will find this info on the psu label.

Regards Howard :)

I surely do not mean to sound crass, but that is pretty vague.
So i have to check my drivers, my pagefile, my ram, or my power supply.
That puts me pretty much at square 1.
I do appreciate your help

Unfortunately, your minidumps don`t pinpoint any particular driver as the culprit as they all crash at the ntkrpamp.exe file.

The bugcheck code of D1 has many possible causes. Therefore, it really is a process of elimination at this stage.

If you get any further minidumps please post them.

All your minidumps crash with exactly the same problems as before. This could be caused by either a software or hardware problem. Unfortunately I can`t tell you exactly.

If nothing I suggested earlier works, the maybe you should consider doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

Thjanks, unfortunatly i have reinstalled like 3 times in 2 days, crashes before and after installations of software and apps,

If only Intel made boards for sli i'd switch right away, IMO
I never had issues with an intel chip with intel board.

Ok, can you provide details of your psu. I need to now the wattage and how many amps it gives on the 12volt rail.

Can you also tell me when the problem first started. Had you added any new hardware or software just befor the problem appeared?

I know you`ve run Memtest, but please be aware, some faulty ram can pass Memtets.

Believe it or not it has been happening about 6 months, but i have just been dealing with it.

I've reinstalled everything numerous times since then, flashed bios,

psu manual says

+5V = 34A
+3.3V = 34a
+12v1 = 18A
+12v2 = 18A
Combined +12v1 + +12v2 = 35A
-12V = .8A
+5sb = 2.5A
Total power = 600W

Ok, I think we can dismiss a psu problem due to those specs, unless of course the psu is faulty.

The next thing you need to do is check your system temperatures.

Also, make sure nothing is overclocked.

It might be worth your while checking for any bios updates.

I also suggest you disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Have you tried running with just one stick of ram? Have you also tried using a different dimm slot?

Have you checked you hard drive for errors and consistancy?

You should also check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

I have tried switching dimm slots, but i do not think that i can remove one since it is dual channel, i thought they had to be in pairs same bank.

Nothing is over clocked,

Have the latest bios,

chkdsk /f both drives

The only thing i have tried was eliminating items
Since it is random its hard to reproduce.

Do you think that VMware workstation could do this?
It does install drivers,
or daemon tools?

Your are correct that dual channel operation requires a pair of ram sticks. However, you should still try and run your system with just one stick of ram, in order to see if it becomes stable. I`ve seen plenty of instances of computers that would crash with more that one stick of ram, but not with just one stick of ram. It`s definitely worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back