Users with newer IE versions more likely to use Bing, especially for IE9

By Emil
Apr 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. It appears that Internet Explorer's tech-savvy users are more likely to use Bing. In other words, the later version of Microsoft's browser you use, the higher the chance that you're also using Microsoft's search engine.

Read the whole story
  2. Sista

Sista TS Rookie

"a Web advertising company, too a look" I think you guys mean took.
  3. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

Not this IE9 user, sticking with Google.
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

Well it is almost two years since I used Google search ...... so IE doesn't influence this user anyway.
  5. "and a whopping 22.90 percent of IE9 users search with Bing" meaning that ~75% use Google probably...
  6. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Same for this IE8 user. For some reason i have an instinct to go for Google even though i have a nice fast access "Bing bar" at the top right.
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

We secretly replaced the users regular search engine with Bing, lets see if they can tell the difference...

"Hi, you know you're using Bing?"

"No WAY! OMG hee hee. You got me. Tastes better than Google, mmm, mmm"

"Would you be willing to switch to Bing?"

"Oh YES, I'll never use my old brand again"

There you have it folks!
  8. LightHeart

LightHeart TS Rookie Posts: 155

@gwailo247 - That was good for a laugh

When I installed IE9 it didn't really give me a choice, it just figured I'd want to use Bing.

I use Bing for most things anyways and Google once in awhile.
  9. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Doesn't matter whether it's Google or Bing, whichever can give me the results that I'm looking for, then that's the one I'll be using that particular query.
  10. Been using Bing since almost release and the quality of searches has consistently been increasing. I still use google for about 10~15% of my searches, but decreasingly so. If nothing else, my navigation habits have evolved AND in the rare ocasion when I pop the actual search site, I like Bing's interface better, what with daily pictures and what not.