Using PC speakers for something else

mfaizan91

I have some creative speakers which have 3 Analogue output wire the green orange black ones. I want a device or a stand alone soundcard that can output to the speakers properly via either an optical input or rca which ever works does such a device exist?

There are many types of audio connectors.
Can you identify which one your speakers use?
Here are some of the most common...
audioplugimage.jpg

My guess is that it is the upper left at the computer end of the cable.
And that the speaker end of the cables uses the upper right.
If this is true, then most sound cards should accomodate your needs.
Here is a typical sound card set of "ins" and "outs".
sound_sound_card.jpg

If your stereo speakers use the upper left style of jack (at the computer) then you would plug them into the green jack on the card I have displayed for you.
Does this help, or did I not understand your question?
===Question===
What do you mean by a "stand alone audio card"?

Look for the better quality speakers... the inexpensive computer speakers are designed for shorter loud bursts, and do not handle high frequencies or constant output very well.
Good speakers deserve good sound cards, and bad speakers can destroy them over time.

umm what i meant was using it for something else eg plugging in a ps3 via optical.. thesound through computer is fine

Do you mean you want to output the sound from the ps3 to your creative speakers? It's simply hooking the audio output of the ps3 (via RCA cable) to the audio input of your speakers (3.5mm upper left on bookwyrm's pic) so you need some sort of adapter. Your ps3 will output only the left and right channels so you need to parallel the 3 inputs (orange for center/sub, green for front and black for rear) to output the sound to these 6 speakers. The optical means is quite not possible because your speakers doesn't have an optical input.

Back