Using TV for monitor, everytime I change input I can't get screen back

Status
Not open for further replies.

acefsj

So ya i have to restart my computer and plug my actuall monitor back in before i can get the picture back.

Spec's
It was a barebone kit i just built it has a bio star mobo 2.2 ghz dual core amd 64 processore 1 gig nvidia gt 220 i belive graphics card 250 gig hard drive 2 gigs ram

I assume that somebody has a cure for this somewhere. That said, this behavior seems to be typical.

I have Intel G41 integrated graphics, and they pretty much do the same damned thing.

I'm starting to suspect that there isn't enough communication between developers, to have a cohesive approach to the issue. It supposed to work together, but it doesn't.

Graphics cards and their drivers have issues about which port the display is on during boot, then later, detection issues with TVs. Sometimes there is a specific priority boot order for monitors or TV, depending on which interface is being used (HDMI, DVI, or VGA).

You can try install the latest drivers for your video card, that's all I got.

I know this isn't much help, but I do feel your pain

Ok thanks.
I have been looking for a suloition for awhile now, if what you are saying about the detection issues i have found a post awhile back about some cable and program you can install that tricks your computer into thinkin the output has never been changed maybe i will look into that and post again in a while when i find that poast again .
Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back