TechSpot

UT 2003 Help???

By LuisHE
Feb 10, 2003
  1. Please help Me!! I just built my very first pc and everything works great but when i play UT 2003 it takes a real long time to load the game specially when playing online, I play with this res 1024 By 768 and every detail set to the highest setting . It takes about a whole minute to load , i also tried playing a the lowest res with low details and it still takes a long time to load.. Please Help me
    Any help is good help.

AMD Athlon XP 2400
    Soyo Dragon KT 400
    2 80 Gig Seagate barracudas Raid0
    256 Mb DDR Ram Crucial
    MSI GForce 4 4600 Ti
    :( :( :( :(

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

1 minute to load? C'mon, get sensible, that's normal...

3. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

hmmmm

that's what she said..............

4. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

Dont worry thats totally normal. Im running a AthlonXP2100+, GF4 Ti4200 with 256MBs of DDR333 and it takes me forever. Especially on huge maps like face3 or a match with 6-8 bots. UT2K3 is a major CPU eater, and it really needs a topend system. I guess you could turn settings down low, but then you just have regualr UT in fuzzy mode with some new weapons and maps. Plus that doesnt help reduce load times. I reccomned more RAM, I just bought another 256MB stick today, now I wont have to turn down settings when playing Face3 :D My friend has the same PC as me but with 512MB if DDR333, his loads alot faster, and can handle larger maps much better.:grinthumb

5. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

btw: badass system!

6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,583   +103

Agissi's recommendation is a good one. I doubled my memory a while back to 512mb of PC2100 and load times of Morrowind dropped a little. Now with 512mb of PC3500 @ max timings 333DDR load times are the quickest my system has seen.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.