UT Server Hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day all

I'm hoping this is a really simple one, but I've spent a few hours on the net looking for solutions and not found them...

I have full version Unreal Tournament, patched to 436. I'm trying to run a (non-dedicated) server from home over my DSL connection for my friends to play on.

If I start a new multiplayer game, it will show up in the 'LAN games' tab of the 'Find Internet Games' browser, but not in any of the ones for the broader net, and no-one else can see it. I have checked 'Advertise server', so that's not the problem. If I try to 'open location' to my IP it times out. I had a router in my home LAN, but I took that out and just connected the DSL modem straight to my NIC (released and renewed IPs), but still have the same problem. Please tell me there's a simple toggle or something somewhere that I'm missing, but if it requires editing *.ini files I'm very happy to do that too.

Thanx for all your help,

Bravus

Thanx Mic

I took my own firewall/router out of the loop, after forwarding those ports without success. It's possible, I guess, that my ISP blocks some ports - if so the next step will have to be checking with them.

Thanx again,

Bravus

Start --> run --> COMMAND

arp -a

If it says "Interface: " and then gives you a 10.x address or a 192.x address, you are most likely using NAT currently. Contact your ISP and ask them if you can switch to bridge or if you can manage the modem or have certain ports forwarded to the correct box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back