Utility to Synchronize Folders Between Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hypnosan

I'm looking for a title that will allow me to synchronize folders and their contents between two devices. I would like to link two folders, one on my thumb drive and another on my home PC. I need something that will update the contents when one or the other is updated, for instance if I add/update a file to my home PC I'd like this change to also occur on the linked folder on my thumb drive. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can throw my way.

there is alot of freeware and shareware around to do this copy/synch stuff but you could also have a look at the hdd vendor websites. I know maxtor and western digital provide tools to sync with their devices and have them usually available as download.

well even microsoft offers a free tool called SyncToy and it is not too bad

Cool, I'll check 'em out thanks! Anybody else have any particular favorites they prefer or might recommend?

GoodSync will do the job you need done. Full version is paid, but free version will sync a number of files - I forgot how many. I was using it for a while unaware that a paid version even existed until I decided to sync a large number of files. By that time I liked it so much I bought it. The paid version is $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back