TechSpot

uTorrent BSODs

By Baounit
Feb 22, 2010
  1. I'm having trouble running uTorrent. I can run the program successfully but after awhile, it will cause some BSODs. Here are a few recent BSODs, I hope it's in the correct format. Is it one of my drivers? I've heard intel chips don't operate well under heavy uTorrent usage and wireless connections. Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

It's more likely to be a network error than utorrent itself considering the program is only a single executable. make sure the program is configured correctly with your network and double check your IP settings and port. It's not likely this information would cause a blue screen but I suppose a network chip overheating could. I might suggest putting a download cap on there temporarily and see if that helps. I would also recommend updating your network drivers, which should be included in a motherboard chipset package.

If all else fails, try reinstalling the software for your router or any other networking equipment that you are using...

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Rt64win7.sys = Realtech driver. Update your Realtech drivers. As EXCellR8 rightly puts it the issue is with the internet/networking/NIC.

4. Baounit

Baounit TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks guys, updating the Realtech driver did it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.