Utorrent trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modena

Hey, I've recently been warned by my ISP for my torrent usage and I was wondering what software I could use so that such a thing does not happen again. I have no idea what they're talking about offcourse and I imagine it was someone else on my unsecured network that did what they warned me about. Anyways any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Use Peerblock and call it a day.. Run it first before you use UT program. Make sure it updates and such too. Don't load it with Windows though. Run PB on it's own then run UT. LW has to much crap that sneaks onto your system. Good Luck!

Secure your network.

Was it for specific things 'you' downloaded, or was it for bandwidth usage?

Frankly the Peerblock is what the OP needs. Without it your in a dangerous area to tread in.

SNG ya I've secured my network now, and it was for a specific file that was downloaded. I downloaded Peerblock, its exactly what I was looking for thanks a ton.

May also want to make sure you have the box for send encrypted. I forget where it is in uTorrent and I don't have it installed right now to check, but its in there somewhere.

Oh the RC4 well yeah that should be enabled also in the Vuze or Utorrent plus use Peer Block also.

Where would these settings be located? because I went through all the preference options in utorrent and I can't find it.

Where would these settings be located? because I went through all the preference options in utorrent and I can't find it.

I would recommend the Vuze because;

A: Uses Java Client which gives you the best fastest speed you can get today!
B: You can also turn off the Bloated GUI for Azuezue lighter GUI
C: Setup is a breeze and it has the RC4 Encryption

If you need help setting it up just post here. I'll show you how even give you a link I have to setup step-by-step for the fastest downloads you can get. Other than that there is the Utorrents which to me is slower.

What you seek should be in the Connections in Options.

Why would you get warned? Is your bandwidth usage ridiculous, or is it just the constant transferring of data. Anyhow, you pay for your service, why should they tell you what to do online?!

Why would you get warned? Is your bandwidth usage ridiculous, or is it just the constant transferring of data. Anyhow, you pay for your service, why should they tell you what to do online?!

Because he signed an agreement that limits what he can do. This may include download limits, and it certainly includes illegal downloads that violate the DMCA.
The only time I was ever warned I had seeded a current popular movie, so I deleted it and never heard any more about it.

Yes the US laws are tough now. Everyone time to remove the eye patch off your face, take the parrot off your shoulder and set it free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back