Vaio can connect wireless but not to MIFI?

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E and I can connect wireless to my home router without any issues. I have a Verizon MIFI 4gLTE that I am trying to connect to and it doesn't show in the options for my connections. I have tried to manually input the information for this device and have called Verizon and after trying several different input methods still cannot get the MIFI to show up or connect. My old MIFI hotspot worked as long as it was tethered via USB cord but never showed as a wireless connection either. I tried to update the driver but it says it is up to date. Thanks for any help!

I have a lot of experience with routers in general, but not MIFI itself. I am assuming they have a similar interface to typical routers? It sounds like your computer can access the setup page for the device. Am I correct in this assumption? Is the SSID being broadcast under the wireless settings? If not, you will not see it. What type of security is the device capable of? What security is the adapter you're trying to use configured for? You said that you are manually configuring the device, if so, have you set up a static IP route to the computer?

Let me know and I will continue to try and help you pinpoint the issue.

You can connect the hotpot to a laptop via the included microUSB cable, but this will only charge the device; the hotspot won't transmit while it's connected via USB. Conveniently, you can connect the LC11 via USB and it will still transmit Wi-Fi data at the same time, so this is something to consider if you plan to charge your device via USB while using it. The 4510L can also be charged using the included microUSB wall charger, however, and it can transmit wireless data this way.

see review for details

@jobeard....the mifi is not tethered to the laptop. I read forums and reviews on the device. I know the mifi is sending a signal because my ipod touch has 4g with it while I am trying to get the laptop to connect to it.

@Igneus the Bold...my laptop has never seen this signal from the mifi. I just added the information of the SSID and stuff manually. I set it up as WAP2 personal in the settings info section and the password is a set of numbers on the back of the unit. I really don't know about the static IP thing with the computer is that you are talking about. I am pretty illiterate when it comes to this.

Thanks!
Shawn

@Igneus the Bold...my laptop has never seen this signal from the mifi. I just added the information of the SSID and stuff manually. I set it up as WAP2 personal in the settings info section and the password is a set of numbers on the back of the unit. I really don't know about the static IP thing with the computer is that you are talking about. I am pretty illiterate when it comes to this.

Thanks!
Shawn

I was merely referencing the possibility of you manually altering your port to a static IP. What OS are you running? Windows Vista is it? I'll help you take a peek. THIS should make it easy for the computer end, however we will need to make certain the device is configured properly.

Can you give me a few screenshots of your MIFI setup page, your LAN device properties, etc? Thanks. Any manufacturer data on the Verison MIFI device is helpful too. I am looking for online Verizon MIFI 4gLTE resources as well.

Back