Valve cancels E3 Portal 2 event, promises a surprise instead

By Matthew
Jun 2, 2010
  1. If you were hoping to attend the Portal 2 event scheduled during E3 at Los Angeles' Regal Theater, it seems you're out of luck. Valve has notified the press via email that the dark-humored physics puzzler's presentation has been cancelled. The developer's announcement isn't all bad news however, as it promises to reveal a "surprise" instead.

Read the whole story
  2. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 594   +50

Haha! I love it! I hope it's cake.
  3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

4. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

This is why I love valve
  5. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

I really hope it's Left 4 Dead 3 =P But only because I haven't played Half Life 2(otherwise it would be Half Life 3? or Episode 3?)
  6. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Cool I was hoping valve would make rehash 3 after rehash 2. L4D2 brought as much new content as crysis warhead did to crysis. Not very much.
  7. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

oh my goodness, could it be half life 2 epsiode 3????
  8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

Techspot, Are you able to do an article of the "surprise"? of course when we know what the surprise is of course :)
  9. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,807   +484

I just finished Portal a few days ago. This e-mail is really amusing, but if you take in consideration the personality of the one who wrote the e-mail (the char from the game) i think they will definitely not cancel it.
    But who knows?
  10. The cake is a lie. Maybe the surprise is a lie. :)
  11. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

The Guest has a point! but the cake wasn't actually a lie but was not easy to get to so i bet they haven't cancelled just moved the conference to somewhere else! But who know!
  12. I'm making a note here; Epic fail. :(
  13. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

I'm sure it will be as reconciliation after they pretend to kill us all. :)

hahaha~ bzzztkrsh
  14. Appzalien

Appzalien TS Rookie Posts: 94

If it is HL2 EP3, it will probably come out in stores in a package deal with HL2, HL2 EP1 & HL2 EP2 included in the box to screw the people who already own them again.

suprise suprise? :p
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.