Valve opens Steam for Mac beta registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Calling Mac gamers: Valve wants all five of you to beta test the new OS X Steam client. To sign up for the beta, head over to this page and log in with your Steam credentials or create a new account. Once logged in, you'll need to fill out a brief form asking how many Macs you own, how many people use them, whether you own a PC or console(s), how many games you've purchased for each platform, and a couple other basic questions.

After the questionnaire, you'll have to upload a text file with system information about your Mac. To save your System Profile information, go to the Apple Menu > About This Mac > More Info, then select View > Mini and File > Save. Valve says the file should be a 20-30kb UTF-16 TXT file, and if it's larger than that you should make sure it's not saved as an RTF or XML.

The company notes that it is a closed beta, and participants will be "selected to provide a broad coverage of testing criteria." If you're not chosen, don't fret, the Mac client is due to launch sometime next month.

Permalink to story.

hello ...

hummm.. too bad i still haven't settle on which system to get, i was really after a MAC on some cool sites, but now off my limits & maybe later will check out, then the steamy site would still be in its glory on my Mac Desktop ;)

cheers!

(giggle) Five indeed.
And don't forget to pick up your Multifunctional Optical User Simulation Extremity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back