Valve reveals L4D2 launch time schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

If you are one of the many people who have pre-ordered Left 4 Dead 2 or plan on buying it before the day is through, you're probably curious as to when exactly the game will be unlocked. Valve has announced that for those who have preloaded the L4D2 files, the game goes live sometime today. Since Valve's servers will unlock it at all at once, the exact time will vary based on your time zone.

For users in Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern time, the game goes live at 9PM, 10PM, 11PM and 12AM. It's nice that Valve is able to unlock it at the exact same moment for everyone around the world, but that also means somebody, somewhere is going to get shafted -- at least temporarily.

Hopefully, Valve's decision to make preloading available a week in advance will ensure that surging demand for the game doesn't ruin it for everyone.

Permalink to story.

I got Left 4 Dead at around €30 which is close to impulse-buy territory, I'll wait for the sequel to be available around those prices as well. I just hope websites won't be full of spoilers (not story-wise) before I get it.

"Zombies are the perfect enemy because they are stupid and unarmed. I don't see the situation as a problem, I just see it as an opportunity to shoot off a few rounds." :p

I assume you mean 12AM not PM, as in midnight, for the Eastern release time.

ahhhhhhh i think im the one getting shafted here ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh look there is a surprise... valve ****ed up and didnt release on time.

And their forums are down...hmmm...guess they decided just not to hear all the complaining

I've been camping this **** for 40 min. now. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back