Vampires- The masquerade: Bloodlines unbearable audio and video stuttering

So I downloaded Vampires- The masquerade: Bloodlines the other day, and the logos come up and everything is fine. Until I get to the main screen. The audio and video is stuttering so much that I can't even bring myself to click on new game, since it takes 2 minutes just to move my mouse to it. And when I do, as soon as the first cutscene plays, its so bad that I can't even understand what's going on. I managed to skip the first cutscene, though, just to be greeted by some incredibly laggy gameplay. I've tried to change the compatibility mode to Windows 98 and everything possible, but nothing seems to work. I even have the unofficial patch installed...
I have a Windows 8 computer, with a lot of other games downloaded as well... but I'm pretty sure I have enough memory to run the game correctly.
I was really looking forward to playing this game... is anyone else having this problem and are there any suggestions?

Could you please provide the specs to your computer? Make and Model if bought it pre-made or list main parts if you built it (or had it built). This will help us better determine what could be causing your problem.

Could you please provide the specs to your computer? Make and Model if bought it pre-made or list main parts if you built it (or had it built). This will help us better determine what could be causing your problem.

Of course

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5602 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7600G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 684526 MB, Free - 180445 MB; D: Total - 29737 MB, Free - 3446 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 193B
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
Model: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15

Your specs appear to be able to handle the game. Have you tried to update your graphics drivers? I am not trying to point fingers, but it may be Windows 8.1 causing this issue. I have seen a couple games now that have not been able to play on Windows 8.1 but would still work on Windows 7.

Thank you for your suggestions, but I figured out what was wrong. I had installed an unofficial patch that didn't really work with my computer, which was wesps patch, and something about it caused it to run incredibly slow. Fortunately, I figured I'd try to other patch, Tessera's , and the game runs smoother than ever! But yes, Windows 8.1 is not meant to run this game, so it is important that it is run as xp, or 98.

Back