Vanishing Posts in the "Google suffers another GMail outage" thread

Technochicken

At 8:52 PM Eastern time, I got an automated TS email, saying that red1776 had responded to the said thread, which I had also made a comment on. Upon visiting the page, I notice that my post, red's post, and the post we both quoted were no longer there. Also, I got the email about two hours ago, and I remember my post being after strategic's post, which, on my computer, is listed as being written 1 hour ago. I'm hoping it is just an error, and not because our comments were removed. If they were removed, some clarafication as to why would be great, because none of the posts were offensive.

Thanks,
Technochicken

that is strange Techno, as you said, there was no four letter words, or name calling, except for the 'guest' calling us all sheep.

I removed a guest's post and subsequent responses to it from: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic133949.html#post792034.

I have restored Technochicken's post -- but edited his response to the guest from it. The guest's post was useless, resulted in you guys half-mocking him and he returned to counter with worthless banter (called you guys sheep I believe, haha).

Just trying to avoid a dozen posts of nit-picking and flaming -- which has be come a common occurrence in some of the news threads since being opened to unregistered users.

To clarify again: your posts were not out of conduct, but with the exception of one post by Technochicken, they only contained direct responses to a guest's posts which were, indeed, going the wrong direction.

Moderation must take place, nice job Matt.

But in a more positive note, I'm glad to see that for every useless Guest post there are at least 5+ posts also made by unregistered users that are well worth a read.

Thanks for the explanation, though from reading the email, I'm still not sure where the bit about sheep comes in.

Back