Vantec IDE to USB adapter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all, here is my problem i recently bought a Vantec IDE to USB adapter to help my friend move some data from his laptop to my PC to save his data before i wipe his computer and am having a problem using the cord.

he has a Toshiba laptop and any computer i plug the hard drive into it freezes the system. whenever the system is isnt hung up the drive shows up in device manager with correct labeling but doesnt show up in my computer. I also checked disk management to see if there is a problem with the drive letters not correctly changing but it doesnt show up in there either.

im not sure if there is a problem with the hard drive or the cable any help would be greatly appreciated

i have scowered the internet for help but couldnt find anything that quite put the nail on the head

Some laptop drives have jumpers. Are they set correctly?
Why not just use a flash drive, burn a CD or just network these two machines?

the problem was that when that drive was booting right after the win xp flash screen it would flash a blue screen for a split second and restart.

last night i tried it on my friends vista machine and it went perfectly. dunno if it was a problem with xp but vista showed it perfectly.

but now the problem is that when i reattach the hard drive to my friends laptop to reinstall windows its not recognized in the bios FML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back