Various BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaton

I recently started to get alot of bsods. About 2-3 a day. The problem began after I installed win7. I started to get random bsods, so i went back to vista. but now in vista, i also get random bsods.

one thing to point out is i get bsods when i load up youtube videos, and i get netio.sys error.

minidumps haven't been created during the lastest bsods.

thanks in advance

Your error is 0xD1 and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers. The driver cited as the problem is Netio.sys which is part of your Windows OS and is specifically for Microsoft's Network I/O Subsystem driver. So it would make sense that if you have issues with surfing, internet connection, etc., little wonder this driver is cited. If you google it you will find many people have issues with it under Vista.

Update the drivers for your NIC card or uninstall and reinstall your drivers.

Also in the mix as not being able to load is driver epfwwfpr.sys and this is an ESET firewall driver. If you do have issues with your NIC card this also would make sense.

thank you so much for your quick response. im going to try that asap. this is a great forum. thank you :)

Route, i updated my 2 network card drivers and just watched two youtube videos, they loaded just fine, no bsod... knock on wood. thanks so much, you are awesome. one last question, what do you mean by that last part about ESET. Im slightly confused there.

Eset makes great products. I run their 2.7 version of the antivirus NOD32. When the subscription expires I am going to 4.0.

Anyway, a minidump will contain a lot of technical information (much that I can't understand at this point but want to learn further). Two of the most important things it relates is the error code and the probable cause of a crash.

In your case your minidump reported that your firewall driver was being prevented from engaging and this was due to the Netio.sys driver that was preventing your NIC card from funtioning properly which in turn was causing internet issues/crashing.

This makes sense because ESET is designed to protect your system when you are online. But if Netio.sys and your NIC card drivers are not playing nice together then your security system might not be able to fully engage. This is what was happening with your system.

But you installed two newer drivers and thus your system is stable.

Is this clear or am I too wordy? :zzz: :)

There is nothing wrong with your ESET. Now that your NIC card is functioning you'll be okay.

Glad I could help and please give us an update in the next few days and let us know how it goes.

thx route, your explanation was very claer.

i was watching youtube this afternoon, and it was fine, but 2 mins ago, i got another bsod. this time it created a minidump. see the attached file.

on a side note, when it does a bsod, the letters become very small, and i can't see anything but white lines that appear to be words and letters at the top of my screen. is there another problem?

Same read as before. What version is your ESET security suit? What OS are you running now and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

im running 32 bit and eset is 4.0.437.0, trial. it's just eset nod32 antivirus. im also running zonealarm as my firewall

Okay. here is my next suggestion. Wait for you next BSOD and attach minidump as before. If you have one or two oe etc. then attach them. I will read and get back to you with further suggestions.

By the way, do the BSODs only occur with YouTube or do they occur at other times and if so are you doing anything in particular or are they random?

They occur mostly during me going on youtube. i will try out different video streaming sites. Other occurrences have happen while I am doing other things. I will take note of that if it happens again. Thank you so much for helping me out here.

my computer has been doing ok. some of the problems include youtube videos loading and when i play is it gets stuck at one spot. I thought i could bear with it without watching any videos. Just now i got another bsod. i was downloading an update from zonealarm, and it crashed. attached the minidump.

Quick question: Are you running ESET's full security suit including firewall as well as Zone Alarm?

no, im running eset nod32 antivirus and zeonalarm firewall pro, thank you for your quick reply route

hey i just got another bsod. i was downloading office sp2 on opera.

should i uninstall eset or zonealarm to see if i still get the error?

One thing worth mentioning is in device manager, microsoft 6to4 adapter has a yellow triangle beside it

Another 0xD1 error with the Windows OS NETIO.sys driver blocking the same Eset driver from loading.

NETIO = Network In/Out

It has been a week since you last posted. Were things stable between then and now?

Things have been working relatively ok. I haven't done any large file downloading or uploading. Youtube streaming videos have been fine.

I just reread your previous post. Try downloading SP2 via Internet Explorer. I know MS updates can only be had that way.

I just uninstalled eset. I tried redownloading the office sp2 and it went smoothly without and bsods.

should i reinstall nod32 and try, or should i get a new antivirus?

I just uninstalled eset. I tried redownloading the office sp2 and it went smoothly without and bsods.

should i reinstall nod32 and try, or should i get a new antivirus?

I would go back to the official ESET website at www.widerssecurity.com and contact their tech support or post on their forums. They are fairly fast on replies.

1. Describe the recurring issue.

2. Give the mindump error codes and the blocked driver.

3. Tell how you could download SP2 only after you uninstalled NOD32 and how smooth it went without BSODs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back