Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive suddenly not working

By Billster8724
Mar 5, 2010
  1. Hi all,

First post. I have a Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive that I have had for about a year. All has worked fine up until today. I was using it for a while, went out, came home, and decided I needed to take some important info off of it. I plug it in, it lights up, and the icon shows up on the taskbar that is used for ejecting it. But it won't come up in the My Computer folder, so needless to say, I could not access whats on the drive. It did however, work on my Vista Laptop at first. Well now, it will not even light up, let alone get recognized by both computers, XP and Vista. I have vacation pictures on there, school work, documents, and other important info that I have recieved since I got it. And figures it happens as I am in the process of transferring everything over to my newly purchased external drive. This was the next thing on the list, and I am hoping there is still a chance to revive it. I don't really care if I have to replace it, as long as I can transfer the stuff off it first. I have no idea what happened. It was working about 4 hours ago, before I went out. I came back, plugged it in, and it is no longer working. I am very causious about removing it, and I always make sure I get the message that I can safely remove it. If someone could please help me out, I would really appreciate that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.