Verizon 4G LTE network to cover 2/3 of Americans starting April 19

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Verizon has announced that they will be bringing their 4G LTE network to 27 new markets and expanding service in 44 additional markets on April 19. Once the telecom flips the switch later this week, 4G LTE will be available in 230 markets across the US.

Verizon offers more than six times the geographic coverage of their nearest competitor’s 4G LTE network and is available to more than 66 percent of the country’s population. By the end of the year, the company expects to offer service in over 400 markets covering more than 260 million Americans.

As you can imagine, the list of cities receiving new or expanded service is exhausting.

verizon lte 4g lte

On Thursday, Verizon will introduce 4G LTE service in Auburn and Tuscaloosa, Ala.; Pine Bluff, Siloam Springs and Van Buren, Ark.; Visalia/Porterville, Calif.; Fort Walton Beach and Ocala, Fla.; Brunswick, LaGrange and Macon/Warner Robins, Ga.; Peoria, Ill.; Kokomo/Logansport and Marion, Ind.; Dodge City, Garden City, Great Bend and Hays, Kan.; Salisbury, Md.; Cattaraugus/Allegany, N.Y.; Sandusky, Ohio; Ardmore and Ponca City, Okla.; Salem/Albany/Corvallis, Ore.; Pierre, S.D.; and Big Springs and Tyler, Texas.

Expansions will take place in Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz.; Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, Sacramento, Salinas/Monterey, San Diego, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo and Stockton, Calif.; Colorado Springs and Fort Collins/Loveland, Colo.; Sarasota/Bradenton, Fla.; Boise/Nampa, Idaho; Carbondale/Marion and Rockford, Ill.; Fort Wayne and Indianapolis, Ind.; Des Moines, Iowa; Boston and Worcester, Mass.; Detroit, Mich.; St. Louis, Mo.; Las Vegas and Reno, Nev.; Manchester/Nashua, N.H.; Albuquerque and Santa Fe, N.M.; Buffalo/Niagara Falls and New York, N.Y.; Akron, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio; Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Okla.; Portland, Ore.; Providence/Pawtucket, R.I.; Nashville, Tenn.; El Paso, Texas; Provo/Orem and Salt Lake City/Ogden, Utah; and Olympia/Centralia and Spokane, Wash.

There are more than 20 4G LTE-enabled devices available to customers including the new LG Lucid and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7.

Permalink to story.

Too bad Verizon is way too expensive for me to even care. And honestly, I'm done with CDMA phones. Giving your phone to a family member, for example, and having them plug in their Sim Card to get the phone working right away is a beautiful thing. I have a Optimus U from US Cellular just sitting in my room collecting dust for that reason.

yeah boy! verizon doin work!
so happy i got grandfathered into my unlimited data plan

Verizon has terrible customer service, ridiculous charges of all kinds, awful monthly rates and a narrow selection of phones.

But I have Verizon. Why? Thier signal is unmatched, and thats what I need.
I pay $50 a month for my Samsung Alias basic phone with a Qwerty and want to switch to a smartphone, but I am not paying over $65 a month for a smartphone contract, I don't care how many GB's they say I can use.

I love how they fool all the suckers with thier 'Free Droid with a 2 year contract' hogwash.
I'd pay $500 upfront for the Driod if I could get a monthly plan for under $65.

So long as I'm given a choice, I don't give my money to foreign companies (and these days, the choice seems to be getting less and less). Expecially not ones with an ultimate goal of buying up as much competition as possible so they can continue to raise prices. Sorry vodafone, not buying your wireless or fios.

Grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited plan is just that...unlimited.

I think tthat Verizon should be shut down due to the outrages prices they charge people Due to recent illness and loss of income I had to cancel service and Verizon charged me over $700 in cancellation fees then charged interest on top of this I would not recommend Verizon service to any one Especially after I tried to get back my service and they wanted $450 upfront before they would even talk this is theft

Back