Verizon DSL Connectivity Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am needing some help with a connectivity issue using Verizon and a Westell 6100Modem. I am unable to connect to the internet. Following is some information on my problem.

The initial setup and installation on this service was under a business account with no issues. Two weeks ago, the account was changed to residential and the service was changed to a new number in a new location but still using the same computer running Windows ME and the same modem. Since that change, the only page I see is the one that gives the message "unable to display page". I have had numerous conversations with Verizon and they say the issue is in my end. They say the line is active and the modem is working properly. Verizon says the can ping the modem. I have even changed the NIC and still get the same error. Following is a list of things I have tried to resolve this issue.

Modem Light Status - The power, ethernet ( I am using ethernet), DSL and Internet are all a steady green light.

I reset the modem and then tried to open 192.168.1.1. I got the same error message that "the page could not be opened". I have checked the hardware profile for the NIC and it shows no issues and that it is working properly.

I tried to ping verizon.net but was unsuccessful.

I ran winipcfg and it showed the correct NIC. I also released and renewed the IP Address and still no change.

What is missing? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for you help

on an Admin account run-cmd
and enter
ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "DNS Client"
net start "DNS Client"​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back