Verizon FiOS wireless router locks up PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had issues with my Verizon Fios (wireless) for the past year. The owner of my building would not allow Verizon to drill into building so I had to go wireless. The router is in my living room. The PC is located in an upstairs bedroom. I am having sporadic issues with my pc freezing/locking up. I have to crash and reboot. Sometimes it happens successively, and other times it is relatively stable. I have done virus scans, etc to make sure the issue is not with my PC. I have noticed that it is more prevalent when my neighbor is home. I did not have these issues prior to installing FIOS (I had DSL). Verizon has been pretty useless with regards to helping me correct the problem. I am very furstrated. Is there any way to work with my current configuration to achieve a more stable connection? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Note: I have tried logging into the router and switching channels.

I don't know if I know the answer but what router are you using and what wireless adapter are you using? What standard are you using? 802.11g or...? Just some info to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back