Verizon offers unlimited and 25MB prepaid 3G data plans

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Verizon has announced new prepaid data plans for select smartphones and multimedia handsets. The company said its new offerings will allow customers to experience the carrier's full breadth of devices and services without being bound to a contract. Users of either type of phone will be able to pay $30 a month for unlimited 3G data access, while customers with a multimedia phone also have the option of paying $10 per month for 25MB (20 cents per MB overage).

Both packages are currently available in Verizon stores and will appear on its website September 28. Qualifying smartphones include the BlackBerry Curve 8330 and 8350, Storm 9530, Storm 2 9950, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, the Palm Pre and Pixi, various Motorola, HTC, and LG Android handsets. Multimedia phones include the LG enV Touch, enV 3, Chocolate Touch, VX8360, Samsung's Renown and Alias 2, as well as the Nokia Twist and Casio Exilm.

Permalink to story.

yeah I have BB Storm 2.. just checked and I've used 155MB and my month runs thru 9/20/10 so I see no way that 25MB would work for anyone who uses there phone. They need to get to GB to really make any sense...Make it $10 for 1GB and $30 if you use over that. Sounds fair to me? Just a money racket..they think most people won't check and go for the cheaper $10 plan and get hit with all kinds of overage fee's. Nice!

Yeah so I figured out lets say I end up using 200MB thru the end of my plan month. 150MB X .20 = $30 + $10=$40 compared to my usual $30. And like I said I don't use mine to much so they will get some people big time. Will it benefit some people...sure ... but they prob don't need a data plan..lol

Back