Verizon passing on the Pre after all?

By Matthew
Sep 24, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If a report from TheStreet.com has it right, Verizon won't be picking up the Palm Pre after all. Showcased at this year's CES, Palm's flagship phone garnered quite the following, and was praised as a potential iPhone killer. Just prior to its official debut on Sprint's network in June, Verizon said it would offer the smartphone within six months.

Read the whole story
  2. These news about Verizon backaway Pre is not true Please go the following links:

http://moconews.net/article/419-palm-raises-359.9-million-in-offering-confirms-upcoming-handset-launche/

and

http://www.ockhamresearch.com/Financial-News/Tech-Trader-Daily-Barrons/Recap

Thanks
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,042   +84 Staff Member

I'm sorry, from what I see, neither link seems to prove anything at all. They are just as speculative as TheStreet.com's report. If you have something more specific and evidenced to share, feel free.
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

5. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,283   +229

Greaaaaaaat... Thanks, Verizon, for letting your single-minded loyalty to your craptacular VCast services hose me out of yet another great phone system I was hoping to have access to. I know it's your cash cow and all that, but seriously, you might want to catch up with the rest of the pack on a few things, here... <exit soapbox mode>
  6. DarkCobra

DarkCobra Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

Well I'm a Verizon customer and like so many others I too am getting pretty sick and tired of the horrendous phone selection with Big Red. This is pure speculation on my part but I believe phone politics took place here and Apple more than likely told Big Red if you want any chance of seeing our Iphone we better not see it competing with the PRE. Verizon caved.
  7. DarkCobra

DarkCobra Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

PART 2: Well we now discover that Verizon is apparently going to carry the PRE after all. I'm going to adopt a wait and see attitude regarding what actually shows up at the beginning of the year. Just way too many rumors floating around and the electronics market is getting more volatile by the minute (constant changes and companies suing and threatening each other like crazy, etc.) Wouldn't surprise me if this all takes another twist again before it's all said and done.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.