Verizon to add location warning labels on phones

By Emil
May 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 671   +39

Any phone can track you anywhere, you actually pay a tax for it on your phone bill and it's in case they can't locate you the police are able to track your phone. Lots of people are touchy about there privacy while loading there facebook with more information than the average hacks gets in a day, perhaps it's a good thing they can track you in case one day you go missing.
  2. Inarius03

Inarius03 TechSpot Member Posts: 25

Hahaha, very nice! I completely agree. Thank you for the laughs.
  3. BlindObject

BlindObject Newcomer, in training Posts: 446

My GPS and WIFI is ALWAYS off. I only turn them on when needed.
  4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

And knowing is half the battle. YO JOE!

It also gives them a get out of lawsuit card since they would be actively telling users that at any time they could be tracked by that device via its various capabilities, and you'd have to physically remove that sticker if they want an unimpeded screen.
  5. Zilpha

Zilpha TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 349

I'd rather they be able to find me if heaven forbid I end up mauled at the side of the road by a wild cat or something.

People are touchy because they are being naughty. They are being naughty, because they previously had an anonymous forum in which to behave any way they want. I guarantee you the most vocal among those screaming about privacy invasion are doing so because they are worried someone will catch them somewhere they shouldn't be.
  6. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

Seconded! :D

The ability to track our phones location has good uses as well.

If people want privacy they should stop their obsession with Facebook - the content individuals post on there is unreal and in my honest opinion far more destructive to their well-being.
  7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,263   +41

I have no issues with my phone pulling certain information from it, or my xoom for that matter.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.