TechSpot

Verizon to refund 15 million customers from overcharged fees

By Emil
Oct 4, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Verizon Wireless will refund 15 million cellular customers who were wrongly charged for Internet use: even though they didn't have a data plan they got billed for data anyway. Following hundreds of complaints, the FCC that pressured Verizon into this settlement, according to The New York Times. The formal investigation into the unauthorized charges began in January but only now are we going to see some results.

Read the whole story
  2. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 481   +8

I have to keep a watchful eye on my verizon bill, because they try and overcharge all the time. But when called on it, I always get an "Okay, we will take it off your bill."
  3. motrin

motrin TS Enthusiast Posts: 155   +8

so thats what that was!!!!

honest to GLaDOS. two of the five phones on our plan would be charged $1.99. every month and i know i didn't use any data nor did the other person. this happened like 3 months in a row.
  4. i dont think $30 or $90 million dollars could matter to Verizon because its customer money only
  5. Like any of this happens by accident.
  6. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 582   +32

hmmm... we just need to 'borrow' $30 to $90 million for a little while. Then we apologize and give it back without interest/profit share.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.