Verizon USB modem help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloman

I have been trying to fix the problem for months now. I have a verizon USB modem and i got it installed on my computer along with the manager. However, whenever i open the manager and try to connect, it says device not found. I have the USB modem plugged in and installed. I'm going crazy. Please help!

does windows recognize the usb device?
how long is the usb cable?
does the modem have an external power supply or does it get power over usb? if so, do you use a powered usb port?

post more detail on what you already tried or found out

windows itself does, but not the program.

cable?do you mean on the modem?

i think it is powered by usb. the usb is 3.0 and has powered a flash drive before.

i have tried many things, i queried the modem and 2 commands "were not supported"

if the modem got recognized by windows it can only be the manager software. I would try to reinstall both at a time, the software and the windows usb device.
with the cable I meant the usb cable from computer to modem.

haloman said:
i think it is powered by usb. the usb is 3.0 and has powered a flash drive before.
I guessing that this is a typo, since the rest of us are on USB 2.0, or time really has passed me by.

My Verizon Modem (Westell 6100 series) certainly does require an external power adapter.

Is this really a laptop? Cause if it is I'm going to shut up now, sorry.

Aren't these Verizon USB modems wireless, regardless if they're used on a desktop or on a laptop computer?

It is a device that plugs into a USB port. It receives and transmits data just like a cell phone. Do cell phones have wires? NO!

ok, that explains something but you must admit that this has absolutely nothing to do with the problem here... so what?

haloman said:
I have been trying to fix the problem for months now. I have a verizon USB modem and i got it installed on my computer along with the manager. However, whenever i open the manager and try to connect, it says device not found. I have the USB modem plugged in and installed. I'm going crazy. Please help!

Ask Verizon for a new modem

the modem isnt the problem cause windows can detect it but ive reinstalled the manager many times and no difference. is my pc just stupid? its kinda outdated.

Tmagic650 said:
Aren't these Verizon USB modems wireless, regardless if they're used on a desktop or on a laptop computer?
Mine's a Westell 6100 series, it's DSL (desktop) and wired at both ends. The Big "V" gives you a choice (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back