Verizon: We do not pull the plug on excessive pirates (updated)

By Matthew
Jan 21, 2010
  1. In a discussion with Broadband Reports, Verizon spokeswoman Bobbi Henson said she was misquoted in a CNET article yesterday, which claimed that the company has disconnected repeat pirates from the Internet. Henson told BBR that she is unaware of Verizon ever terminating anyone's account for excessive consumption, although it reserves the right to discontinue service.

Read the whole story
  2. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

Well it's either Verizon or Comcast. And Comcast has the 250GB limit. So, where do we all go? WHERE IS JESUS?
  3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Figured as much, she said to much in the CNET article and is now backpedaling. BBR pretty much sums up a lot of the issues with doing this. Thanks for updating the article :) .
  4. why do you cry about 250GB?
    i live far far away and have 50GB limit+ 20GB bonus
    its far more than i need, need really need to do a LOT of pirating for 70-250gb,
  5. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 217

we'll just say that some of us are on the internet alot, and stuff just adds up. that's why some people need more than 250G
  6. a) Don't use the Lord's name in vain and b) offenders (thieves) should be sent to a Somali jail or worse.
  7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,160   +599

While google has some replies to the question "where is Jesus?",
    "where do we all go? " has two conditional answers.
    A Bible reader would already know "WHERE IS JESUS?", but do you really think He cares about this kind of stuff given current world circumstances?

(sorry; just couldn't resist)
  8. Relic

So because 50gb is beyond anything you ever use, that must mean anyone who uses more is a pirate? the age of streaming HD video that can be hit monthly if not exceeded by those who use it for everything. Bandwidth caps are nothing more then a ruse for cable companies to protect there television revenue.
  9. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 284

Not really. I thankfully have no limit and have 100Mbit/100Mbit line i easy pass 170GB a week

lots of streaming HD video, downloading distrubutions, downloading games or demos for the Xbox 360 (they can be 3 - 6 GB a piece). Constant online radio, ...

dont say i dont download stuff I'm not suppose to, but you dont have to to pass that small limit
  10. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 284

Not only that. It also saves them money on not building proper netoworks..

Sad but true. :/
  11. Relic

Indeed. Why spend those growing yearly profits to help consumers when they can reduce use of there network and grow there profits even more!
  12. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 811   +93

Whoever wrote that article needs to be fired immediately. You can put the milk back in the bottle. Verizon is definitely hurt by that statement and now CNET if you read the update.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.