Vertu's latest luxury smartphone will cost you at least $10,000

By Shawn Knight
Feb 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. If you are fed up with the “boring” appearance of today’s smartphones and just happen to have between $10,000 and $20,000 burning a hole in your pocket, you can kill two birds with one stone thanks to a new luxury...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,898   +613

If the phone costs $20,000, it should be built so that they could replace the guts of it with newer technology every couple years.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,253   +531

It makes no sense really. Although anyone can be conned, this phone is for the really gullible.
  4. Rippleman

Rippleman TechSpot Member Posts: 79   +6

I feel this same way about $200 shoes, $1000 suits, and $100k cars, but in the end, we all have something we like that another feels is stupid.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

I agree but that something is usually reasonably priced. This phone is for people with too much money & not enough sense. It makes me wonder how the hell they even accrued such wealth if they're willing to waste it on such frivolous things. It's not that it's one off item, it's available to any anyone with 20 grand who really has to be eccentric/daft.
  6. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TechSpot Maniac Posts: 480   +8

High priced garbage...
    bugejakurt likes this.
  7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Holy ****, I had no idea the Z10 was so expensive off contract.

Ah, RIM...
  8. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 523   +9

As someone who knows A LOT of very wealthy people who can afford this stuff, I know that very few would buy this. Why? Because it's not the best of the best. They're more likely to have an iPhone or GS3 customized than to buy this because it's not the latest tech.
  9. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 796   +8

I don't care if I were a billionaire. I would NOT pay 10-20 grand for a phone whose hardware will be outdated in no time. Shoot, I wouldn't pay that much period. It's a phone.
  10. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 768   +47

In other news, vertus is being sued by apple. Apparently apple has patented overpriced garbage.
    Arris and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  11. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 877   +94

"accessories like a carrying case, charging cables and a wired stereo headset." Honestly, for 10 Grand you can throw in a wireless headset of some kind, do you really think someone spending $10000 on a phone is going to use the wired headset provided? Might as well just not include one...

No don't worry, its obsolete before you even get it, they made sure of that by equipping it with a dual core processor. Again, for that kind of money it should be leaps and bounds ahead of what Apple and Samsung have.
  12. This Brand "Vertu" is more of a service company. This phone is more of an interface to use the service. Most of the service is through phone call anyway.
    http://www.vertu.com/en/exclusive-services.aspx

Again, people who uses this service won't need the best hardware anyway. Like Carlos Slim, he doesn't even need to know how to use a laptop or smart phone to run his multi-billion business.
  13. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,238   +335

Selling a great product at a discount is a no-brainer. It is selling a piece of dung for a fortune that's something to admire.

14. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,062   +70

$20,000 phone -> 480p presentation video... Yeah, that'll sell it.
  15. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,009   +37

Those who puchased said app in the app store also have viruses/malware/trojans/whatever you wanna call on their phone, which automatically bought this because it was simple and easy.
  16. Skidmarksdeluxe

Now now, don't be nasty.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.