Very Frequent Crashes / BSODs

Good morning/afternoon/evening to anybody reading this.

I'm posting here because I've been experiencing some very problematic issues with my computer over the last few weeks and I'm becoming quite desperate.

I have been getting very frequent BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and random computer crashes -- often multiple time per day. I'm on an HP desktop computer running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I've tried doing a simple check of my device drivers. I've opened the tower and checked the hardware for any obvious problems like poorly seated cables (and cleaned out all the dust from the inside while I was at it). I've pointed an additional fan at the tower to keep it as cool as possible. I've done numerous disk checks and system restores, I've uninstalled quite a few unnecessary programs, and purchased anti-malware software (Webroot SecureAnywhere), performed virus scans, and have had no luck.
banghead.gif

The crashes, freezes, and blue screens started 3 or 4 weeks ago, and have gotten consistently worse. They do not seem to have any obviously noticeable pattern except that I think I may tend to experience more when I'm using the computer for a lot at one time, or when doing things like watching videos. The machine will either shut itself down and attempt to restart after a BSOD, or I'll get a static-like image on the monitor before it shuts off, or the computer will simply freeze. Usually I can get it up and running for a few minutes to a few hours (maybe a day, tops) by turning it back on, but it always takes a few hard resets and/or startup repairs to get back to the desktop.

When I get the BSODs, they stay on screen for only a moment, but I notice that the error message is almost always different. I've seen things like "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", and "Ntfs.sys".

I'm not computer illiterate by any means, but I'm not a tech support wizard either. Anybody who could offer any help would have my deepest gratitude because, while I do use this machine often for leisure, this is also the computer I use for work, so not having it operating isn't really an option.
1-sad.gif

I'm open to any ideas or possible solutions, and I'm happy to provide any more information that may be helpful upon request. Thanks a ton for taking the time to read and perhaps offer assistance.

Details:
Original OS: Vista
Hardware age: I forget exactly -- I'd say about 3 years, give or take.
Age of OS installation: I believe I reinstalled the OS a year or so ago.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (Did not come with computer -- I installed this years ago)
I'm unable to get motherboard and power supply information right now. If that's likely to be helpful, I will provide that as soon as I'm able. (I also switched out the original power supply along with the video card)

Manufacturer:
HP
Model #: HPE-400y
Product #: BT471AA#ABA

I wanted to attach some reports and dumps, but I'm being told they're too large .. ?

"I wanted to attach some reports and dumps, but I'm being told they're too large .. ?"... right-click on the files selected and send them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Back