Very Odd Ongoing Internet Problem I Can't Seem to Fix

Okay so here's the deal, I have a frontier router and am supposed to (and normally) get superb internet. As of the last few months internet on my main desktop has been so inconsistent it's ridiculous. I join servers on the game I play and I get 900+ ping on a server hosted within a mile from me. I will play and I will have good ping for 10 seconds before it gives out on itself and ends up back an unplayable amount of ping, then back to good ping and then it repeats the cycle. When I check the internet speed in the control panel it says 75mbps, when I do a speed test it says 3mbps. I dont get it. My internet works perfectly on all my other devices. My computer is connected using a wireless LAN card. I just don't know what to do this all happened randomly and its progressively getting worse. Ive tried using alternate methods to the wireless card and it doesnt fix anything. I tried plugging the router directly into the computer and it only increased performance by a minuscule amount. Any ideas?

The game server is overloaded.

Find the domain name of the server, get a command prompt and enter
pathping $whatDomainName >gameServer.txt

it will take about 3 minutes to complete.

then use Notepad or Wordpad to open gameServer.txt

Return here and post those results as a follow-up

Back