Very slow Internet and problem with network adapter driver

centrino207

For some reason I have a very slow internet both IE and firefox it takes very long time for a page to load. I see in device manager a ! on my network adapter and saying

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

If I go driver and click on update driver from web site it saying you have latest one.But message above saying for some reason Windows cannot load the drivers.

Note I'm running windows vista .

Try doing a system restore back to time when this you definitely knew that this wasn't a problem (I think it is something along the lines of 'start' > 'Accessories' > 'System Restore'. If it doesn't work, try finding the driver for your network adapter, removing the old one and installing the new one in its place.

The network adapter may be broken or you may have to download and install the driver yourself. Did your nic work well at one time or another, is this a laptop component?

When this type of thing happens to me I usually do a Google search for the items hardware ID. I typically find the hardware ID in the device manager under the details tab for that device. A Google search will usually tell me the name of the device and will eventually lead me to the correct driver which I will then attempt to install.

Hi centrino207, Can you say what network adapter you are trying to use?
You are using Vista, so the first thing I would do is to see if there is a driver for it... just possible there never was, but really important to find that out.
If bought new then you should have been supplied with a driver disc, or at least a website where you could download it from.
If no disc then you still should be able to go to the adapter maker's website, 'Support' & 'Drivers' section, and download it from there.
That really should get the correct driver.
But sometimes the name on the adapter isn't the actual maker, so then you need to find out who did make it.
This is where the 'hardware I.D.' is important.

Back