Very slow processing Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikiri

Hi all,

I have used lightroom to process most of my photos for quite some time,
recently, the lightroom 1.4 i was using started to lag my com, the CPU usage is 100% all the time i use lightroom.

So i upgraded from 1.4 to lightroom 2, but the problem persisted...

Anyone can help?

Btw, my com just 'recovered' from a Malware infestation, hope this helps

Thanks!

Adobe's "bridge" software is notoriously memory hungry, Also, as your catalog expands the program will take longer and longer to initialize.

It takes much, much longer to initialize folder display with thumbnails than via "list" display.

You should also check out your startup apps and running processes. Oftentimes, people have the need to shut down some of these, due to the high system requirements of photo editing software.

This is not to say that you don't still have problems with malware, that may very well be true, and it's the first thing you should investigate

Of course, you should first target the specific problem as advised by the 2 experts above.

After that, and whatever the degree of success, your computer can always benefit from further gains in speed by not carrying too many unnecessary handicaps on its back, which translates to not having to load and keep executing in the background unnecessary tasks and services.

For a tut on this, see:

Guide for making your Windows run faster
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic104136.html

ikiri, even if you didn't have malware, your system would probably be slow. You have a large number of running processes, a large number of processes being loading at startup from the Startup menu and Registry (04) and a large number of Services (23) probably set to Automatic Startup.

But you do have malware so let's work on that:
1. You have some temp files that means you probably didn't run CCleaner:
C:\Temp\HP_WebRelease\setup\netfx1.cab
C:\Temp\HP_WebRelease\setup\scan\Data1.cab
This is found in Step 2 of the Virus & Malware Removal post

2. You have an entry related to the Daemon Tools entry that is locked and would not allow the AV to scan it:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd.sys:
SPTD is used by Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. It is known to be incompatible with kernel-mode debugging including WinDbg and Microsoft's other command line debuggers as well as SoftICE.
3. Remove bad HijackThis entries
Run HijackThis
• Click on the System Scan Only button
• Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\about.htm
O2 - BHO: DVA Media - {2D97AD74-0CBD-443C-82E7-74093471B3B7} - C:\WINDOWS\temlxopqkxo.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53785057-93C8-46F7-BC52-9590DDB74995} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXPIbxY.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BC80E8C9-AE50-48D7-AA75-445DACF41F36} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\geBusppq.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: vnbptxlf - {2A800B4E-351C-4230-B792-D73A5EA9CB31} - C:\WINDOWS\vnbptxlf.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [emokqvcj] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ylizerqz.exe
O21 - SSODL: AvpCD - {1e465f36-2d1b-4a2c-ad45-c940f5e2933d} - C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{1e465f36-2d1b-4a2c-ad45-c940f5e2933d}\AvpCD.dll (file missing)

• Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
• Click on the "Fix Checked" button
• When completed, close the application.

Download SDFix HERE and save to your desktop

* Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Boot into Safe Mode
* Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
* Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Run SDFix
* Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
* Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
* It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
* When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
* Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
* Attach Report.txt back here

Please run SuperAntispyware, missing fro original logs, follow with new scan in HijackThis. Attach all logs and reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back